Manual on Disability Employment
A Values Route to Business Success: The Why & How of Employing Persons with Disability, Authored by DEOC, Published by CII
DEOC Training Services
A group photo of participants of the "Train the Trainers"
programme conducted for NGOs across India by DEOC for MphasiS
Lack of awareness can be a huge barrier in promoting inclusion. There are laws which prohibit discrimination; there are standards for accessibility and safety; for inclusive recruitment and training methodologies action, etiquette and terminologies, etc. We customise training programmes for our clients based on the target group.
The training programme may be in the following areas:
- Disability legislation and what it means for your organization
- Creating inclusive workplace for people with disabilities (customized modules on accommodations for people with hearing disability, speech disability, vision disability,developmental disabilities, orthopaedic disability, multiple disabilities)
- Designing inclusive recruitment process
- Designing inclusive HR practices
- Designing inclusive training process and how to train an inclusive group
- How to create inclusive policies in line with UNCRPD
- Providing reasonable adjustment: what is reasonable?
- Disability etiquette training: How to ensure inclusive conversations in the organization
- Digital Accessibility: what it means for your organization
- Accessibility of built-in environment: what is means for your organization
- Training on emergency preparedness
- Disability inclusion training for housekeeping, security and transport staff
- Leadership Training program for employees with disabilities
- How to mitigate Unconscious biases towards people with disabilities and change the perspective
Disability Bollywood Quiz
Play the quiz and learn about disability